When you survived your last overdose, you decided to enter a heroin addiction treatment center. Now you hesitate. What should you look for in heroin treatment centers in Texas? What do people do there?
How Heroin Rehab Works
The heroin rehab Texas residents can count on has two phases. The initial step is detoxification. It takes about a week and helps you overcome the physiological dependency. What holds most people back from enrolling in treatment is the fear of pain.
With medical detox, there’s minimal discomfort. It takes away the overwhelming cravings and pain. Next, you’re ready to enter the second phase of treatment at one of the heroin treatment centers in Texas. Rehab lets you deal with the psychological aspect of addiction. It might take from 30 days to 90 days or longer – it depends on you.
How Therapists at Heroin Treatment Centers in Texas Work with You
San Antonio addiction treatment specialists customize modalities for you. Because you have unique needs, it’s essential for treatment to respond to them. Failure to do so results in a generic experience that might not work for you. Therefore, most people enter a private center that allows for complete customization of treatment.
Care options include:
- Gender-specific care that introduces process group participation in a safe, nurturing setting for best results
- One-on-one talk therapy that challenges you to look past justifications and find your real reasons for using
- Dual diagnosis treatment, which includes psychotherapy and medication use for depression and other mental health challenges
- Trauma treatment that benefits you when there are stressful situations from the past you need to work through
- Behavioral therapy, which includes the development of healthy coping and social skills
- Family therapy as well as relationship counseling to preserve connections and restore trust
Another facet of care you undergo at heroin treatment centers in Texas is holistic in nature. Remember that substance abuse isn’t just a physical condition. Your mind and spirit suffer, too. Because of this understanding, excellent facilities offer opportunities for you to reset.
For example, mindfulness training is a powerful method for grounding yourself in the present. It helps deal with anxiety that fear of tomorrow brings on. Similarly, it lets you overcome harsh judgments of yourself. You learn to examine emotions dispassionately and objectively.
From there, you deal with them appropriately. Mindfulness training, along with meditation and breathing exercises, take the sting out of stress. These modalities remove one of the triggers you might have faced. Various holistic care options focus on dismantling others.
Now’s the Perfect Time to Reach out for Help
Heroin overdoses happen all the time. Because you don’t know the potency of the product you’re buying, it could happen again today. Don’t put yourself at risk. Rather, get the help you need now.
Excellent heroin treatment centers in Texas are only a phone call away. They may be what stands between you and a potentially deadly outcome. Call today!